This project involved working with Nile Village Hotel and Spa, a four star hotel located in Jinja, Uganda’s tourism capital. In order to capitalise on the hotel’s popularity, the client commenced expansion of existing hotel facilities and services. The objectives of this project were as follows:
- To develop a business and financing plan for the continued provision and expansion of existing hotel services.
- To enable the client source financing for their expansion.
The hotel business is being positively impacted by increase in tourism.
- We formulated a financial plan that clearly highlighted the investment requirements and financial projections.
- We developed different business cases, and associated return on investment for each business case.
- We derived a development plan that highlighted the major and sub activities that had to be implemented in the expansion process.
- We conducted a risk analysis of the business and derived mitigating strategies for identified risks.
- The business plan we prepared was used as a point of reference when applying for funding.
- Closely allied with the above, we carried out financial mediation on behalf of our client.
- The strategies laid out in the business plan improved hotel operations and increased efficiency.
Many tourists and business travellers visiting the region have come to view the hotel as the ideal place to stay.